NOISE MAPPER System
Noise Mapper System for continuous monitoring of noise pollution in urban areas, highways and airports, with data transmission in real-time.
- Home / Systems / NOISE MAPPER
Environmental Noise Monitoring System
The Noise Mapper System has been designed to monitor the environmental noise or acoustic contamination produced by road traffic in cities and roads, as well as the noise produced by airplanes and railway traffic. It also applies to the monitoring of any other source of noise disrupting the welfare of the inhabitants.
This advanced environmental noise monitoring system allows real-time data transmission, generating dynamic noise maps covering the areas of interest.
The system consists of the following elements:
- Noise Mapper-RT (Remote Terminal) for installation in the areas to be monitored. Each remote terminal includes an outdoor microphone connected to a noise processor and datalogger protected by a cabinet, which also houses a communications modem for data transmission as well an internal power supply battery pack.
- The Noise Mapper Remote Terminal acquires, stores and transmits the noise levels and other meteorological parameters of each location to a Central Station where the data is received, processed and displayed.
- GEONICA’s Geo-DataView software package to manage wireless networks, communicate in real time with remote measurement stations and access collected data from anywhere and with any type of device.
- Central Noise Management Station, for data reception, processing and presentation.
- Optional WEBTRANS Ubiquitas Internet Platform, a web-based platform that allows users to generate visual graphs and download data from their stations using a web browser with an authenticated login.