- Home / Sensors / Lightning-Thunderstorm / Electric Field Mill Sensor
Electric Field Mill Sensor
Model GEO-EFM-100 Electric Field Mill
The GEO-EFM-100 Electric Field Mill short-range sensor (<20 miles/32 km) constantly monitors for lightning and activates graphical display alerts on a computer or laptop when lightning is detected. There are two high electric field alarms, and lightning distance ranges that are completely customizable to alert you when there is nearby lightning. The software will also reset back to a green All Clear state when no lightning has been detected within the configured time period and when the electric field levels fall below their set levels.
Electric Field Monitor Software
The GEO-EFM-100 Electric Field Monitor software displays a real time graph of electrical field in the atmosphere, as well as the lightning strike distances up to 24 miles/38km away. Distance ranges are completely customizable as well as the high field alarm ranges to allow for a wide variety of setups and operating procedures. Data sharing option in the software allows remote access to data either through the internet or a local network.
The GEO-EFM-100 is best suited for installations when it is placed away from high foot traffic areas, and placed 2 to 3 feet above the ground or a roof. With the inverted kit, it comes with either a pole mount option or a tripod for quick and easy setup as well as an inverted mounting kit to greatly reduce the number of false strikes during precipitation.
- Field proven with systems installed for over 10 years
- High Accuracy 24 miles / 38 km range for local activity
- 2 High Field alarm levels (Red and Yellow)
- All Clear display (Green)
- Fully configurable Alarm distances, durations and High Electric field levels
- Display up to four electric field mills simultaneously
- Text messaging and email alert notification capability
- Network data sharing for remote viewing
- GEO-EFM-100 Monitor software shows current alarm state and electrical field level in real time
- USB or RS232 adapter for optically isolated data output
- Optional RS-485 output for transmitting status messages to other equipment and/or to a distant Status Monitor computer
- Daily data and log files for historical viewing
- Optional Relay Output Module for activating external equipment